Moving to Missouri

Can't remember if I told this group or not but we are finally going to be moving. We bought a pretty nice place in south central missouri. We bought the top of 1 of tallest Ozark mountains (big hill).

We're just not sure when we will be moving and what all we will be taking with us. I know the

67 bug is going, not sure about the ghia.

Some pictures of the new place are at.

The first 3 pictures are the view from the back of the house. You can see 50+ miles from there.

The place is perfect for us except no garage/shop. That will be taken care of soon after we move, maybe before. I'm thinking 4 car garage with a big shop and an office above all of it.

Now to get this place sold. Soon. Moving sale is this weekend. And we have just a buttload of "stuff" to get rid of.

Reply to
Randy

Nice place Randy !!!

We can just dream of a place like thet here in the uk :-(

Live it up :-)

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Congratulations. Beautiful country, easier living. Is that little shed for rent? :)

Hey, the big white dog - Kuvasz? Pyrenees? (I can't see if it's got double dew-claws.)

John S.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

Randy, do you still have the Ghia?

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

Yep, it's going to be a whole new lifestyle for us. May retire, may not. You could share the shed with the llamas. They wont mind. Theres 3 or

4 sheds like that as well as a nice barn.

Yep, the big white dog is a pyrenees. Her name is Sue. She is staying. Other dog is a golden retriever. Can't remember her name and not sure if she is staying or not. Both are just real sweethearts but Sue takes her guard duties very seriously.

Reply to
Randy

Yep, had it sold, stored it for the guy for months and then he backed out of the deal. So, it's still here. Currently sitting out in the front yard with a big FOR SALE sign on it. See if someone shows an interest in it during the moving sale.

Reply to
Randy

Yep. That's 3,000 years of breed at work.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

So how much? Does it run yet? Details, man, details!

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

I spoke about 5 minutes to soon on this. Guy was driving by and saw it in the front with the for sale sign. And he bought it, cash in hand.

He will be back to pick it up after our moving sale. We both decided it would be way to much hassle to try and load it up on a trailer during the sale. Our sales tend to bring out hundreds of the strangest people you will ever meet. And they all show up at the same time.

Reply to
Randy

Wow, very nice. Plenty of room (secluded) for parking project vehicles, plenty of room for a design-your-own garage, nice relaxing view.... I'd have to retire. :o)

--

'64 sunroof Beetle '55 semaphore Beetle

Reply to
Mike64Bug

Alot of the room will be occupied by our critters. Got dogs, cats & llamas to move. And birds at the new place as well as more dogs & cats.

Electric, water & even sewer is already at the new garages location. Guy that owned this place did it right. He just never built a garage.

Retirement is a valid option. May just do that. I do have some part time consulting jobs lined up and a company down that way has expressed interest in me working for them. So I guess my options are kind of open and flexible. May just go fishing. Theres a great trout stream about 1/2 mile away from the house. I suck at fishing but what the hell.

Reply to
Randy

Shes pretty small for a pyrenees. Probably only weighs 80-100 pds. She patrols the fence lines all night long. Barks every once in awhile just to let things know shes there and on the job.

When we first showed up to look at the place, she wouldn't let us in her pastures. Just got in the way and stood there. Once she saw us petting the other pooch she approached cautiously. Once she sniffed us over and let me touch her head we were good to go and she led us into the pastures. Owner was surprised she even let us touch her let alone let us into her domain. Very shy dog.

The golden was a hoot. She followed me everywhere nudging my hand to pet her. Sadie. Thats her name. I remembered.

Reply to
Randy

Wow, looks like something me and Kidd would like to have.

Also, looks perfect for a large aircooled VW weekend meeting ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

It's better for her to be small. Actually, 125 pounds would be tops for a good female. Pico was bred for size. 185 pounds. It was not good for him.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

Make sure you hook up with the Mo-Kan VW Club

as they put on a nice show at the end ofMay and lots of different things to do with your VW through out therest of the year! Also if you enjoy camping with your VW's check out
Omaha NE

Reply to
Captoaster

Good time to get into fly fishing.

Reply to
Funkie

KC is about 300 miles from our new place. We've shown at the KC show several times over the years. Especially enjoyed it when it was in that park in Lenexa.

We showed at a few of the Omaha shows over the years also but not in the last 4 or 5.

Reply to
Randy

You betcha.

Reply to
Randy

We're real happy to get the dog(s). Sometimes we feel like we bought the dogs and the owners thru the property in on the deal.

Reply to
Randy