my bus

Took some pics to show the bus to some people, might as well share them with you.

Interior pics later, camera batteries died after taking these and then it got dark.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I'm diggin' the bumper! Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro

...yeah I thought that was pretty sweet as well..

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

I digging the extra gages, you know I have to bust on you Jan. Are they stock euro, my 67 westy doesn't have them. Damn you guys get all the good stuff. oh and I bet thats been converted to 12v.

nice bus wish mine was that nice.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

heh, thanks.. it's unfinished, just welded together for now.. made out of an Oval beetle rear bumper. I could use a few more pieces to extend it a little further towards the rear on each side.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

just saw the interior pictures, how did THAT pass inspection? The mini disco ball is positive points, but the clashing seat colors.. that's an immediate denial in most locales.

Reply to
Seth Graham

HAHAHA :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I dig the disco ball. I need one of those for my bus.

-Jen

Reply to
Aquarijen

I mail ordered a motor for it but it hasn't arrived... this was in June I think...

I have some led lights ready for it, one that even rotates 3-4 different colors.. not much bigger than my thumb..

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
ilambert

The engine is awesome. Just perfect for the bus. 2 liter type 4 with a street cam and Dual Dells. 4th gear pulls from 25MPH up to 95MPH and beyond... with reduction boxes...

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
ilambert

Hey Jan I think I get 95mph in my 67 westy with 74 1600dp, and boxes.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

No idea, there's no tach :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

It's possible.. but if I'm not mistaken, a 67 no longer had redux boxes? I got 115MPH out of a 74 beetle, with a 69x88slip ins and Engle W110 :) (And plenty of compression) and it was not with the long 3:88 rear diff

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

so what are you saying? VW decided to send all the outdated setups here.

all the 67's I've seen has had redux boxes

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

It's so easy: All the T1s (Splitties) have reduction boxes, and none of the T2s (Bays) have. It might be a good idea to refer to a Bay built in October, 1967, as a '68 -- that's its model year.

Airhowlingly yours, Erik.

Reply to
Erik Meltzer

"Aquarijen" wrote in news:cfvtnn$fif$ snipped-for-privacy@news.vanderbilt.edu:

Disco ball! How about a little Marimekko in the back... (jk :)

That's a mean machine, Jan.

Reply to
cloud8

Ohh... I didn't know. I'm not that good with buses. Live and learn :) Thanks

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I love it. Hate to see it go :(

Someone is coming over Monday to see it, intending to buy it. WAAAAAAAH!!! :(

He doesn't want the engine. Too expensive, too much to handle for a newbie. Plus it's illegal to the car, at the moment.

Instead I promised to build him a good stock 1600 for the bus, my normal list price. (Which is dirt cheap for the labor part) There's some other loose ends and bits and pieces I promised to help him with.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson