My first bus!

No more lurking, this is my first post as a vw owner.

Today I lucked out. I was the first one there with the cash and managed to pick up a '71 bay window with a T2 1776. The engine is new but died when the PO got caught in a flood, and it ran like crap after. Turns out a sparkplug hole is also stripped, so Im hoping he either blew a plug out of it from water vapor in the combustion chamber or stripped it trying to get it started and thats the only problem (but expecting worse). Anyway... no real rust, no bondo on the corners, brand new transmission, new brake calipers and cylinder, all bench seats there and only one torn, no cracked windows, dash looks good, nothing missing anywhere!! The engine was already out of it, and it does looks brand new and looks cared for, all tin neatly stacked with manifolds, carb, etc. This thing is *exactly* what I was looking for (a splitty is later) and I couldnt be happier considering the price ... 800 bucks!!! Yay!

Tom

Reply to
Duck Fizz Bang

Welcome to the Family Tom,

Point your browser at Type2.com and join The List, a e-mail based forum. It is the single best source of Bus-related information available to you. Also check out The Samba and keep in touch with VW owners of all types. And finally don't forget RAMVA - there's always somebody around here with an answer for your question.

Mike

1970 Bus - The Ruptured Duck
Reply to
Bookwus1

Duck,meet Squirrel.The best year.Sounds like a winner.Welcome to the company of Buses(as opposed to the Bus Co.-a good source).Steve

Reply to
Ilambert

One question: It has a full bench seat in the front, middle (partially folding) and rear, and it's not a walk-thru. It's a transporter right?

Thanks Tom

Reply to
Duck Fizz Bang

All Busses are transporters I believe. That is cool and rare that you have all the seats, especially the middle one.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche