need help with brake light problem

my 69 ghia is having an electrical problem and i need some help. the brake lights don't work. i put a new wiring harness so the wires are good from the lights to the switches. funny thing is that when i put my foot on the brakes, the fuel guage quits working, the gen light (which is on all the time since this problem started), gets brighter and the turn signal light glows. i've checked the wires for any bare spots but everything seems ok. anyone have any ideas?

thanks this is making me "buggy"

Reply to
Susan

Offhand, this sounds like a fuse problem. Clean the fuseholder contacts (disconnect battery first) and put new fuses in.

Post back if that doesn't solve it.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

g would add; It doesn't hurt to clean the ground connections. As for the fuse box I take out the fuse and clean the contacts with a small mild grinder stone on a Dremel. One of those pointy one fits right in there. Take it easy . and Good Luck! "If I can not dance, I want no part in your revolution." Emma Goldman

Reply to
cyber