Ode to my Ghia

Last Sunday, my 1970 Pastel Blue Karmann Ghia was driven away by is new owner. I am not as sad as I thought I would be. The Ghia is truly on a 'better place where it will be driven & appreciated.

I BLED from the welding and metalwork. I put a LOT of SWEAT into the restoration, I got frustrated (TEARS) more then one should for a hobby, As with most hobbies, I learned a lot, especially about bodywork, because of it. Enough to do what a real body shop does. Since then, I've done real bodywork to a few cars.

The new owner seems to be the type to appreciate the work I did and more importantly will drive it and take care of it as it should be. Having it sit in the garage during winter months was a major factor for selling it. The car needs to be driven, its not something that sits to be looked at whether or not it is a work of art.

Reply to
Mel P.

I agree with you, Mel.... I've been considering offloading my cars for the same reason.... I just don't drive them, nor enjoy them like I used to...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani