Old Beetle Question

Hi all!

I have a 1971 Super Beetle with fixed rear side windows. I have the opportunity to salvage the rear pop-out windows from a 1970 Beetle (which I'd like to install on my

71)

2 questions please...

1.) Are the windows interchangable as far as size, etc. Can I install the pop out locking bracket on my 71 as well (need to replace the headliner anyways so...)

2.) How hard is it to remove the rear side windows from an old bug? Any tips or tricks I should know about?

Thanks all! Hope you're having a fine day!!

Reply to
SmoothJazz

Hi all!

I have a 1971 Super Beetle with fixed rear side windows. I have the opportunity to salvage the rear pop-out windows from a 1970 Beetle (which I'd like to install on my

71)

2 questions please...

1.) Are the windows interchangable as far as size, etc. Can I install the pop out locking bracket on my 71 as well (need to replace the headliner anyways so...)

2.) How hard is it to remove the rear side windows from an old bug? Any tips or tricks I should know about?

Thanks all! Hope you're having a fine day!!

Reply to
SmoothJazz

Excellent!

The windows on the two year models you speak of are very interchangeable. And yes, your 71 should have pre positioned holes or dimples in the metal already from the factory..............I have two

71's and both have them but no popout windows.

I have found that just cutting the rubber away from the inside or outside ( just lay a blade flat on the glass and slide it around the glass perimeter and cut the rubber straight away)and pushing the glass out is pretty easy. Just make sure you have a friend handy to keep the glass from falling to the ground and breaking all over the place,.................in my case , it's not so much that I wanted to save the glass, but I hate cleaning up broken autoglass.

Hope that stuff helps.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

MUADIB® wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks so much for your response, and your suggestions!

Reply to
SmoothJazz