Super Beetle Rear Seat Question

I am in the process of restoring a '73 SB. The car came with no rear seat. Is the Super Beetle rear seat the same as a standard Beetle, and can I use any year seat and have it fit? Thanks, Dave

Reply to
Stones4US

It will fit, however, if you want to have the right seats, you should make sure you get the right ones. The 73 SB had either the 65-73 (with vertical lines sewn) or the 74-78 style (two sets of horizontal lines sewn). It all depends on your chassis number. There were two different versions of the

73SB. if you tell me your chassis # I can help you out.
Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

The super beetle and standard beetle are exactly the same from the dashboard back. I would imagine that any year back seat after '68 would fit, I really don't know about other years. ~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony