OOPS + and - coil leads switched

I did the unthinkable and in reassembling my engine etc. I switched the leads to the coil. It ran. Did I change the polarity of the coil?? Should I replace it? The condenser? Eric

Reply to
Stutzsr

OMG! How could you!

This will polarize the main bearings!!

Actually, there's no harm done. All it means is that the polarity of the spark at the plugs is reversed. That can make the plug harder to fire.

There is a pretty good explanation of the phenom here:

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks Jim....Eric

Reply to