OT: I HATE NEW YORK

For the first time this year, the state income tax form here in NY has a box where you're 'supposed' to pay sales tax on all out of state purchases on the internet. I always shop around when purchasing through the internet to find a seller who does not deduct NY's sales tax. The local news stories here are saying that there is a 'formula' that you're supposed to use if you don't know how much to pay........a percentage based on a statistical analysis of how many taxpayers are in NY and how many millions NY is supposed to be losing to sales tax scofflaws like myself.

...........sonsabitches

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I can feel your pain Tim.........I make just enough money now that between the damage done during the first marriage, and the child support, I am only getting about 53% of my paycheck to take home nowadays........................And I do not make that much money , in my opinion. When will the government quit paying people to be irresponsible, and taking the money to pay for it from those who are?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:38:05 -0500, "Tim Rogers" scribbled this interesting note:

Move.

John Willis

If you don't, it's its.

and likewise yours

Hell, my regular tax is 37%, and I do NOT make much....

J.

Reply to
BergRace

......................When the last kid leaves for college in four years, we might just do that. But where?...........My health (allergies & respiratory problems) doesn't do very well in a southern climate, especially during the summer months. Also, the local news story that I saw said that there are eighteen other states that are planning to cash in on internet sales tax revenues as soon as they can tell whether it's profitable and worthwhile for the Peoples Republic of New York.

BTW............I always liked that "Live Free or Die" motto that's on the state flag for New Hampshire.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Tim you should move to Montana... no sales tax, wide open spaces, and no

*real* speed limit :o) Plus you could come up to B.C. for the occasional steak dinner (BBQ's always ready) ;o) G
Reply to
B.C. Bugger

....................hmm.....steak..............The kids would never find us out there.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Hey Tim all I can tell you is I took the advice of a great philosopher

"GET A U-HAUL" Sam Kenison

Reply to
Kafertoys

As I told you before, you americans are way overregulated (and overtaxed). Everyday I understand more clearly why movie stars, artists, millionaries and famous people of all sorts invest in this forgoten small island.

You are always welcome here Tim, no taxes, summer all year long, beautiful beaches, beautiful women, and everything is cheap. The only drawback is that you are need to learn how to drive again. Transit is a jungle here.

Karls

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:56:07 -0500, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

forget virginia....they have TRIED to squeeze "sales tax" out of us for mail order stuff as long as i have been filing taxes...(since i was 16).... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

..................Movie stars & millionairs............that's out of my league Karls!

..........................Suffering and sacrifice builds character............Besides, what would I do when my snowblower overheats in that tropical climate?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

"Joey Tribiani" wrote

North Carolina has had a `consumer use tax' for a few years now to squeeze us for sales taxes on out of state purchases.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:48:30 GMT, "Scott H" ran around screaming and yelling:

don't you find it kinda "funny" that the state you live in wants you to pay state sales tax on something bought in another state?...i would rather(and would be willing to ) pay sales tax in the state that i bought stuff from....if i order from AC.net and had to pay utah tax, no problem, if i order from cb performance and have to pay cali sales tax, well i can see that too, but to pay virginia a "sales tax" on products i bought from another state? i think not.... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

"Joey Tribiani" wrote

Here's the explanation for the NC tax:

The tax form has two separate worksheets. One for use if you have all records of out-of-state purchases and one if you have no records. If you have the records you pay the 7% state sales tax on the actual amount purchased. If you have no records the tax is based on your taxable income. I never remember to keep the records, so for me it works out that they tax me as if I'd bought $500 worth of out-of-state stuff. Sometimes I buy that much or more per year, sometimes not ... so I guess it may even out in the long run.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

They come here because they have more to loose in taxes. Actually, life here doesn't cost much.

If it overheats then just throw it away, you don't need it here...If you bring your snowblower here you can be locked up in a sanatory.

Reply to
Karls Vladimir Peña

I think it's nice how they give you alternatives like that. ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

That might be a good idea too ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Yes, but in Utah, you are expected to make up the difference on out of state purchases. For example, if I bought something in Alabama which has (or had when I lived there) a 4% sales tax, I would be expected to pay an extra 2% to Utah since the state sales tax is 6%. Why, you ask? I have no earthly idea. On the other hand, if I bought something in NY (I think someone said their sales tax is 7%), do I get the 1% back? Not on your life.

Utah has had the 'use tax' for quite a long time, and I am surprised to hear that NY just barely came up with it. Just don't claim anything; the state tax commission admits that they will never know and can never find out anyway.

Eric

Reply to
Eric Mattle

Where are you located Karls??

Myself and atleast two other friends are slowly considdering making a move, might take a few years, but I will make it happen if I can...

One mentioned Costa Rica, the other where thinking of Cape Verde(Cabo Verde), both spouses are not thrilled thogh. Personally I would like to take a look at Trinindad, one of my friends like it alot...

J.

Reply to
BergRace

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:56:07 -0500, "Tim Rogers" scribbled this interesting note:

Some places where the weather is actually civilized (note: that means where water is almost always liquid or gas) have climates that are good for people with allergies and other health problems. I'm certain there are resources where you can find out this kind of information...

John Willis