OT: My new toy :-) (tech)

Let me see if I can redeem myself so you forget my previous, way off base silly comment:

More complete detonation, i.e. complete burn of the air/fuel mixture? It should give you more power, I think..

Remco

Reply to
Remco

I have nothing at the moment that would keep up, it was not meant to be that sort of post either. I just found the figure low for a new 4 cyl 1100.. Most tick in at 130+ today.. I thought perhaps it was a typo, but as I mentioned I am not familiar with that particular model.

Jørn.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

AHhh!! This post explains it all, I thought it was a 05 model..

.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

First off, I forgot to say congrats on the new ride.

8 Plugs on four cylinders relate to combustion chamber shape and efficiency. Makes for a more complete burn which gives you more power and hopefully cleaner emissions.

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

How does this one sound? I can hardly believe it but I got my wife to say she wouldn't kill me if I bought this... I um... neglected to mention a few of the upgrades to her so far. *cough*... It sounds like it *might* have a little more power for cruising than my 650 V-Star. It's a 1670. From the current owner:

2001 Roadstar (Midnight Star). This is the list of stuff I've put on it: 2001 Midnight Star with ~9000 miles

----------------------------------- Transmission recall work completed by dealer Patrick Racing 10:1 High Compression Pistons Barnett High performance clutch spring kit(grade 8 bolts) New stronger oil pump gear Almost New tires (~1000 miles) Avon Venom X Barons Comet milled Big Air Kit (BAK) with jet kit (Kuryakyn Hypercharger included, but not installed) Baron's Power Cone Baron's BAK rain cover Ported manifold Bubs Big Willies Pipes (stock exhaust included) Dyna 3000 ignition

31 tooth front pulley with "yellow box" speedometer calibrator Baron's 935 lbs. rear spring Front shocks have high performance speed sensitive RaceTech Gold valve emulators installed with heavier duty springs and heavier weight oil

Detachable Saddle bags with an extra set of Yamaha brackets Yamaha light bar Baron's Tachometer Baron's oil cooler oil pressure guage Fuel Pump relocation kit Ais kit Removed rollover valve Installed PCV valve on crankvent Barons Beach bars (included, but not installed) Baron's Highway bars with Kuryakyn pegs extra Kuryakyn heel pegs included, but not installed Rear brake chrome resevoir cover Yamaha studded backrest to match seat

12 v connector wired for accessories Service manual oil has been changed at 4000 mile intervals with Mobil 1 V-Twin synthetic
Reply to
Shag

Sounds Good ... Any mention of the price ?

Rich

Shag wrote:

Reply to
tricky

He's asking $9000.

Reply to
Shag

Oh, and he did all of the work himself except the tranny recall thing. This guy is *really* into bikes. He also has a "Super X" that he hacked the computer on and wrote a software program that he now commercially sells that lets you upgrade the computer on that motorcycle... He has a website for it... Here it is:

'm leaning towards believing this guy really knows his stuff and thathe's got this Yamaha set up right... Hmm....

Reply to
Shag

Um... Maybe it's a 1600 and not 1670... I was just browsing the web some and it looks like in 2001 maybe the 1670 wasn't out yet... Haven't looked into it enough to be sure yet.

Reply to
Shag

...............That's not the 1st time that I've heard of a motorcyclist getting run over while sitting at a red light. If they can't see the light, they're probably not going see something as inconspicuous as a motorcycle. No matter how alert and savvy you two wheelers think you are........there might still be an octogenarian out there who has your number.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Nah, I never go swimming in the ocean so I'm not worried about some stupid octopus. *retarded look*

Reply to
Shag

very true tim....however i would bet that even the least attentive biker is scanning and paying attention three times better than the average "cage" driver...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

LOL....but tweak i don't want to get into a "balls" comparison here....i enjoy my bike alot and it is great....i could get in trouble/jail/hospital with a bike like yours...LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Now that is out of my price range. I dont have that much disposable income !

I kept a look out for somthing for ages, finaly I lucked out with this one. It failed to meet reserve on ebay, so I phoned him up and haggled ! His wife said it had to go, so I got him down to 1000gbp :-)

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Me either. I'd have to get a loan and would IMMEDIATELY put my current motorcycle up for sale. I'm trying to talk myself out of getting the bike and putting the $ towards the mortgage instead.

Reply to
Shag

And we do have the option of "abandon ship!" ;-)

Reply to
Tweak

I might get hit by lightning, I might fall off a ladder, I might get shot, etc. etc. etc.. I do what I can to mitigate the risks in riding, and have managed ~20 years on a bike accident free (even year round commuting ~20k per year around Atlanta), but I realize I could be killed anytime. I also realize this journey called life is a one way ticket, and I aim to wring the most I can out of this ride.

To each his own.

Reply to
Tweak

Oh, I thought that was what we were doing? ;-)

I am more than 20 seconds per lap faster using my SV650, but for point and shoot squidliness the busa rules with an iron fist.

Here is a good one for you. Yesterday, I sent my wife an email and told her I needed a "tiller". She replied that since fathers day was coming up, no worries. So I sent her a pic of a nice TLR in track/race kit and asked did she like the yellow tiller or should I source a blue one?

For some reason, she wasn't amused.

Reply to
Tweak

I got bumped once by a car late at night when I accidentally lined up my black Yamaha SR 500 in line with the right tail light of the auto in front of me at a stop light. The lady who struck me said it looked like just the car was there. Ever since then, I line up my bike in the middle, behind the car at a stop light at night...even flash the brake lights a few times when a car is approaching.

-tom

Reply to
Tom Nakashima

You might see if someone manufacture an LED brakelight assy for yours like I got for my KLR 650. It goes under the stock lens and plugs into the existing socket. Brighter than stock and definitally doesn't look like a car tail light. The best feature of it is you can throw a switch on the circuit (sp?) board so, if I remember correctly, you can have it strobe for

3 or 5 seconds then go steady when the brakes are applied or have it not strobe at all. I always hit the brakes when at a stop and someones coming up behind me after someone locked them up and nearly creamed me..... was wearing a damn orange reflective vest like road workers due too mandated by my base commander (at the time) and they still somehow overlooked me!!

Mac

Reply to
Mac