OT: "New Beetle" is dead

good bye golfball.... enjoy your last year...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

wasn't it a Jetta ? Was it Consumer's Report that never liked it ?

Reply to
A VFW

Reference to the two Final Editions models.
As they say in England, "The King is dead. Long live the King!" In this case it's, "The New Beetle is dead. Long live the original Beetle!"

Reply to
Randall

Sequel or prequel, movie or car, follow ups always seem to lose something. BMW Mini is a case in point, great little car but again has lost something:, charisma?, chutzpah?, "xxxx" you attitude?, . Perhaps its the Lucas electrics failing, the battery falling on to road from the rotted out battery box! New Beetle was no different. John

Reply to
John

JMHO HEY I like the newest Star Trek Movie!!! lol

But you are right, the NB could never replace the Original Beetle! The NB never could go through what the OB went through in its infancy and could not build a following of millions. There is no Herbie NB! ;-) My family likes the look of the NB and some of its color schemes but I never did not fall in love with it!

Now if one of the NBs falls into my lap at a very cheap price, I would buy it!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

My aunt is a "bug nut" too, and she was quick to pony up the cash when the NB was introduced and was going for inflated prices due to low supply... she was also quick to step up and buy the Turbo model when it was introduced... she dropped coin on it for suspension and brake system modifications... the car ran and handled great, but driving it was not a pleasure for me... the A-pillar was like having a building in the way when driving... didn't care for it...(she also bought two of the last aircooled "Ultima edicion" sedans... one of each color)

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

What will the women of America drive now? :)

Ken

Reply to
Ken H

I don't know when Tom and Ray polled their readers and came up with the following result. The Cabriolet has not been produced since 2002; that leaves the Miata as #1 unless another car supplanted it.

Randall

They'll continue to drive American men crazy.

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Southern hemisphere as well! Seems universal!

Reply to
John

I never much cared for it. I figure if you want a Beetle you should go for the real thing, not some FWD water-pumper wannabe.

Reply to
Eric Blair