OT: old Blaupunkt radio

anyone know where I can find someone who can mess with an old Blaupunkt radio? I just picked up an old AM/FM/SW unit for cheap yesterday and it powers up OK but no sound. Also need knobs for it. Would like to have FM tunes in my Studebaker...

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

do a google search and ask in the VW aircooled newsgroups, there will be answers there too.

and if all fails email me and I will try to dig up some repair people. :-) later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Dave I have the same radio doing the same thing so If you find someone to fix Nate's please let me know....thanks Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Send it to this guy. I bought a refurbished '61 SAPPHIRE I radio from him and it works just fine.:

Reply to
Red Bug

oops you did ask here. lol too early in the am for me. sorry about that.

I believe that there is a person who is good and fair that works on the older stuff. I am not sure how well all of these places that claim they work on Blaupunkt radios fix the older stuff.

interesting info here

I'll try to dig up some info that I saved somewhere. ;-) later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Yes that is him. I am glad Red Bug has the info. :-) later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Thanks Red I now have 6 old raidios with the 24 VW's I bought including a Motorolaform the 56 oval. I haven't had the chanceto test any of them, but understand there wanted items.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Thanks guys, that's especially helpful since I'm in MD and he appears to be in VA. I knew you guys would have an answer for my question! I've already dropped him a line.

thanks again,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

There should be a white sticker on the right side with a name and a serial number on it. What does it say? I can pin down the year from the prefix letter on the S/N. I have several schematics for years in the late 60s if the model is a Frankfort US.

-

Jim Adney

I believe it is a Frankfort but unf. all the stickers are peeled off :(

if it helps any there is an external amp or power supply with a 6/12V selector

thanks,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel