WTD: Early Beetle radio face-plate

I've just bought an absolutely lovely Blaupunkt Frankfurt FM/LW/MW

6/12v radio for my '66 - a nice find on eBay Germany!

However, the face-plate that it came with is for a Ford Taunus P4, so I'm looking for a suitable Beetle one.

The type I am looking for is the one with the angled top and the centre surround for the radio dial/knobs. Even better if it has the dash trim follow-through peices on either end!

Anyone got anything? Thanks~

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

...or if anyone has one of the central chrome surrounds, I'll be interested in that too...

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Howard, Look up a guy with the online name of Fischi on Ebay he is always selling radios. I have bought two from him to date adn both came with the angled surround you describe. I think he also might sell parts.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Thanks, Dan, I will take a look!

BTW, any pointers on how the radio is mounted? I'm guessing that there should be some kind of mounting between the radio and the back of the dashboard - not just the faceplate holding it all together?