OT Some people have way to much money

Check out this ebay listing. Remember the song by Tommy Tutone in 1982 called Jenny/867-5309. Someone in NY has put the number up on ebay and will transfer it to the winning bidder. The bids are up to $6705.00 with 7 days left.

For that friggin amount of money, I could restore my VW nicely. What kind of moronic idiot would part with that much money just for that phone number.

When the song came out, people all over the country were getting calls asking for Jenny, according to info at this website.

Berckman Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures

Bill Berckman

"Bill Berckman"

Bill: I hear what you are saying. On the other hand what a gimmick for a small independent businessman or entrepreneur. Who can remember the telephone of a good local plumber or landscaper? "Call Jenny at 8675-309 to get your pipes cleaned". Advertising is very expensive and this number just might pay a tremendous dividend in the long run.

Reply to
Steve

"Bill Berckman" wrote

867 is also an exchange here where I live. I remember back when that song came out, that was the number of a local junior high school. For a while they were getting hundreds of calls a day before they finally changed the number.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Good point Steve. That would be a good phone number to have for marketing

Bill Berckman Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures

Bill Berckman

And they got rid of it at no cost too..................LOL I guess they messed up huh?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

HOLY CRAP! it's up to over $15,000!!!! you can buy a NEW [old] beetle for that much! I always just thought they didnt use that particular #... how crazy... maybe I can set up accounts with phone compainies across the nation with that # and then sell them on ebay...

VWGirl

Currently $35,100 for that phone number. Man! the things people will pay for is just amazing.

Mike Cross

71 Superbeetle 71 Superbeetle parts car 70 Standard

Photos of progress are located at:

Mike Cross

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:03:40 -0600, "Mike Cross" scribbled this interesting note:

Bid for and pay for are two very different things.

John Willis

Bid now is $202,600.00...........for a phone number. nice

Reply to
EuroBug

LMAOOOO!!!!!!!.....................I can probably get what,.................nothing for my phone number?.....................LOL

Amazing..............almost a quarter million dollars for a damn phone number......................I *give* mine and no one ever even calls...............Much less wants to give me money for it...................LOL

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Invalid Item The item you requested (3077991790) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database. Please check the number and try again. If this message persists, the item has either not started and is not yet available for viewing, or has expired and is no longer available.

OOoooOOoOooOooohhhh

-- Howard Rose '66 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe '62 Austin Mini Deluxe '64 Austin Mini Super Deluxe

Howard Rose

Here is why.

It seemsthat Verizon thinks that people do not own phone numbers, so they cannot sellthem, so e bay pulled the auction.