OT: Top/bottom posting and OE tip. (not VW related but still useful)

Disclaimer: this is not some x-posted spam. Just a little tip for my RAMVA group.

I've been feeling a little guilty using Outlook Express's top posting method. I can see how in business, top-posting is the way to go when you just want to cut to the chase. In a newsgroup, bottom-posting contributes to more logical discussion, especially if your jumping into a discussion "mid-thread". I don't post excessively, but when I do, I don't want to offend.

So, I heard of this fix and gave it a try. It's called Quote-fix. Once you load it, you replace your normal OE icon with the Quote-fix version. Then when you launch Outlook Express, nothing is any different, until you reply to message. And then the previous posts are quoted just like a newsreader and your at the bottom of the indented text with the cursor flashing at just the right spot; ready to type away.

I like it a lot. It's a well-written piece of shareware. Thought I would pass it on.

RT

Reply to
Raymond Lowe

And I forgot to point out another great touch. Each reply is coloured differently depending on how it's indented. Very pleasing on the eyes.

RT

Reply to
Raymond Lowe