OT: Which state has the largest state fair?

On the radio this morning they were talking about how people in this state claim we have the largest state fair in the country while people from some other states say, 'No way!'

Do any of you know which state really has the largest state fair?

Thanks, Dan '73 SB

Reply to
Dan Smith

Describe largest.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
> Thanks,
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

Describe largest.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
> Thanks,
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:20:56 GMT, "Dan Smith" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Probably Texas. *rolls eyes back in head* :-P

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

If you mean the state fair of the largest state try Alaska.

I once heard an interesting question -

Do you know what would happen if they divided Alaska into two new equal sized states? Texas would become the 3rd largest state. :)

Sort of puts things into proper perspective.

Reply to
Dan Smith

Biggest. :)

Reply to
Dan Smith

Land mass covered? Income generated? Carnies? Number of fair goers?

Describe largest/biggest.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
Describe largest.> >
Reply to
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

Nope! That's the problem.

I'm just curious as to which states claim the largest state fair by whatever criteria. I hope the people that answer will give the criteria.

Reply to
Dan Smith

From

The State Fair of Texas is a spectacular showcase of exhibits, entertainment and competition presented each fall at historic Fair Park in Dallas. More than THREE MILLION PEOPLE attend this 24-day event, making it the largest State Fair in the country and one of the largest annual expositions in the world. And it includes the UT- Oklahoma football game. Everything is bigger in Texas.

Chuck '70 Bug

Reply to
Chuck

Reply to
still in primer

is that Sate fare?.... or State Fair?

LOL

context loses and adds nothing here huh?..............till you spell it out .

DOH!

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Puyallup Fair

That's usually considered to be the biggest. Don't know the criteria, but it's sixth in the world.

Reply to
Shane

Reply to
Chuck

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 15:11:15 GMT, Chuck scribbled this interesting note:

Nah, it is over in Dallas, not far from downtown. From our neighborhood it is about a fifteen to twenty minute drive, if traffic works with you!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

Nope,............We live in a nicer part of Dallas ..................LOL

( actually The Texas State Fair is a divider between three or four areas and not all are that bad................not all are that good either................