OT Windoze ctrl-alt-delete-lock

You know how with Win2K and stuff like that you can ctrl-alt-delete and then choose to "Lock Computer"? That's funny to me. All I have to do is attempt to use the computer normally to "Lock Computer." There are a LOT more key sequences than "ctrl-alt-delete-enter" that I can use to "Lock Computer."

Reply to
Shag

You're right -- there are lots and here's just one more way to skin that cat:

On most shortcuts (like Windows - L) you'd still have to answer a dialog box after you press the key. The following stupid windows hack that will immediately lock your PC, no questions asked.

Create a shortcut on the desktop, click on properties, under target enter this line: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll, LockWorkStation

Under the shortcut key press the control and whatever key you'd like to use to immediately secure your system (like ctl-S, for instance) Your shortcut will be ctl-alt-S and will now secure it immediately.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

Yeah, I see that a lot. It seems with some people whatever key sequence they enter locks the computer.

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --

Christian M. Mericle

That's by design -- windows locks itself with a "blue screen of death" once in a while.

It is like a couple of years ago a bug report came across from microsoft that mentioned that previous versions of the OS were prone to locking up every 47-some days if the system left running for that long.

At that time, I would have loved to have the patch that just locked it all up every 47 days, because mine locked up every 6 hours or so.. :)

Reply to
Remco

I like that Windows and other computer-reliant products have problems. It keeps food on my table. {:o)

-- Christian

Save Darfur --

Vision (Darfur) --
(Sudan) --