Other things that fweem...

As i've been told, VW used the peashooters (which make the characteristic whistle sound) as a means of muffling the engine sound. Well, I've noticed that some motorbikes (japanese harley knock-offs) use something in their exhaust that makes the same sound as a bug!!! We are being threatened people! They stole our fweem!!! Funny huh? Imagine using that muffler on one of those BMW bikes with an a/c boxer engine!

BugThug

Reply to
BugThug

I was thinking about putting a peashooter on my Weed eater .....................or maybe the chainsaw................ LOL

Reply to
MUADIB®

HaHaHa!!! What a funny joke. That's a good one... our VW fweem got stolen by a japanese motor bike? Yeah right!

Rich

Reply to
Rich

LOL. Harley Davidson did try to patent their sound in the mid 90's

Harley also went after someone else for using the word Hog.
Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH
Bill Berckman

At least one go-kart track in Finland uses one standard VW peashooter in addition to the normal muffler to lower the engine sound. Did have no fweem though.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Make no jokes when it comes to fweem Richie...

characteristic

Reply to
BugThug