OTish: The first ACVW trip of her life ...

... was very tiring. The Beetle seems to shake in=20 good way to make them sleep.

Olli Lammi

Congrats, Dad.

Now prepare for a few years of sleep deprivation. Think of it as a clinical study and you the test subject.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Aawww!

Congratulations!

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

it never occurred to me........my first son came home in a 70 beetle.......in

1979.
Reply to
Masqqqqqqq

On 08 May 2004 01:54:36 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Masqqqqqqq) ran around screaming and yelling:

my very first vehicle ride(home from hospital) was in a red 70 beetle....in 73....according to mom i may have been conceived in that very car... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Congrats Dad. Did not know that you were a new parent.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle
Reply to
Bill Berckman

When I was a kid, we didn't have those baby seats.. I traveled (and slept) in the "luggage" compartment behind the rear seat.. right where the engine purrs loudest. If I wouldn't sleep at home, mom and dad went out for a short drive in their 50-something beetle, and put me in the back. 5-10 minutes I was sound asleep.

almost 30 years later, the same trick still worked on my son Kevin :D It's like magic.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

She was born 11th March so she is 8 weeks now. This was just her first ride in an ACVW. She's been travelling just in my daily driver this far, but now that my wife had an off-evening, we were just by two and went=20 for a little ride.

She will be given a name next saturday.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Congrats!

My "baby" just took his first SOLO ride in the 72 super.

Took his driving test in it first.

The examiner got in saying "My brother used to have one of these! I haven't ridden in a beetle in years.." They drove once around town talking about bugs, got back and they handed him a license.

Not sure yet if that's a good thing or not. At least you won't have to worry about that for a couple more years...

Tom

Reply to
SB72

C> When I was a kid, we didn't have those baby seats.. I traveled (and

What most people don't know: The vibrations from a VW engine (type 1, 2, 3, or 4) produce harmonics that are very soothing and peaceful. This has been scientifically proven somewhere, will have to look up my sources.

Reply to
ekoman

I bet the fweem is also included in those peaceful harmonics.=20

Reply to
Olli Lammi