Out of here to the Left Coast

Well, my trip was put off again! But tomorrow I'm _really_ headed out for the Portland, Oregon area. Isn't Oregon supposed to be some kind of VW Meca? I've never been there before. Maybe I'll find a great splitty and drive it home to MinneSnowta! (Off to Samba.com to do some homework.)

Reply to
jjs

What route you taking ?

Randy

RSMEINER

North-west out of Winona towards the Canadian border to Glacier and back the same way. Why? Want to join us? Pack up, Buddy!

Reply to
jjs

Wish I could but family crisis is going to keep me at home for awhile. I was just checking to see if you were going by my place again.

Randy

RSMEINER

Yes, it is. Or it was 9 years ago when I was living there. Many gorgeous acvw's on the road, lot of restorers in the area for some reason.. I saw more freshly redone beetles in Portland than I did living around San Jose.

Make sure to stop by Trafton & Maier Foreign Auto, it's on Stark St. as you head away from Portland towards Gresham. Don't let the name fool you, they do nothing but acvw and they always had a bulliten board in the back of local acvw's for sale.

That's how I got my '64 back then, I still curse myself for having to sell it.

Reply to
Seth Graham