Overheating - kind of urgent

Well I have to say. I had the same problem. I live in SF and last week I drove to Sonora and it was about 90 degrees and oil temp was around 255 degrees pushing a grade. Needless to say, my mechanic installed Scoops on the driver side air intake. We also installed a 74 super beatle air fresh fan to suck in extra fresh air from a tube that runs up to the air vents. My temp now going up the altimont Pass 225, at 70MPH with a head wind. Absolutely one of the best things I could have done for the HIPPO (next to installing Ken Black racing juggs 96mm). Hope that helps.

We made the scoops out of sheet metal from OSH.

Hippo 1972 Westy

Reply to
Hippopotabus

wrote:

Reply to
blah

Sure, just rub our noses in it. SF. Poor you. :(

Reply to
jjs

I sure hope those aren't the same pistons that I got -

96mm - came in a Keith Black box from Mark Stephens... Maybe you paid the bucks and got the forged ones. The cast ones I got had some problems as I have heard others have had - with the ring lands seperating from the piston! -BH

and last week I

was around 255

installed Scoops on

beatle air fresh

the air vents.

a head wind.

the HIPPO (next to

Reply to
Busahaulic

I call bullshit. 96mm jugs and pistons? What did you do to control heat problems? Tell us about the align bore, the lifter mods, pushrods, all the rest of the stuff. Bullshit. Super beetle (you misspelled it) "air fresh fan"? What the f*ck is that supposed to be? Like I said, "bullshit".

Reply to
jjs

The fan in the front next to the wiper motor?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

thanks. knew i missed something...

did you know they found a programmer dead pour shampoo on hair massage rinse repeat

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Southern France :P

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Hehehehe, that's Basic... wel, in both meanings of the word.. lol..

Your coding skills are as old as mine ;) (Basic, Turbo Pascal..)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Heh, this brings back memories.. I've driven up and down El Camino Real for a week in 98 or something. Could have been 95. In a Pontiac Sunfire.

Umm.. I think our record is 32-33C.

hehehehehehehehe that's what I've made you think ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Bastard.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

glad i could... :-)

heh heh... terrible.

Reply to
Shaggie

That thing won't pull enough air to add to engine cooling. Check the CFM figures.

Reply to
jjs

Yeh. I peaked with Turbo Pascal. Them's was my glory days. When I realized that programming and I were not a good match.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Ha ha. Of course you're not evil.

Or are you?

Because if you were, that means . . . wait . . . NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooo . . . .

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Haha! Same with me.. never again.. it's just not for me. I do admire people who master it though. Due to my inadequate skills, I must settle for a position as their boss. :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

HuH! Cheeze take a chill pill dude!

"Wild" Bill and "Blondie" Linda Tucker

President and First Lady Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, FLorida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug Resto Custom ,1776, Front Disc, T-3 Rear brakes, "Prowler Purple."

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, "Blondies' Car"

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

Hippopotabus likes good music. That's what I infer from it.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

His theme song is "nowhere man".

Reply to