Overheating - kind of urgent

Hey Tom BILL MATTHEWS snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

What was that about you and little boys. Typical redneck statement. Or should I say chickenshit statement.

Reply to
Hippopotabus

So that screaming was you? Interesting. I beleive I was saying that you were acting like a little boy. Still are. Grow a thicker skin. Redneck? not hardly, but nice try. As long as you continue to act like this here, I stand by my statement. Grow up.

-- the Grokdoc Tom Malmevik all that groks is god

67 Baja "marti"
Reply to
Thomas Malmevik

Seems to be a pretty darn simple black-painted steel pulley. A timing dimple and a notch. Stock, I betcha.

I generally see 3600rpm at 65mph. Or thereabouts.

This makes sense, but 4th gear at highway speeds will probably push as much air over the jugs as the same rpm in 3rd gear on the surface streets.

Big difference is how much air I'm making the Wonderbus shoulder out of the way. Anyone know the numbers for how much energy it requires to shove a loaf -- a miracle of aerodynamic styling -- through still air at (say) 3600 rpm in 4th vs. 3600 rpm in 3rd?

Also those dipstik temp sensors

Yes, it's a Good Thing. Alerted me to a possible issue. AND triggered a long thread that is getting longer even as I write this. Last I looked it has degenerated into name-calling. I'm keepin' a low profile.

I'm gonna get a turkey thermometer and remote it and get a sense of what the temp in the sump is. Bob Hoover pointed out that VW's industrial engines had (have?) a sensor at the oil pump inlet. I wonder if the sump oil down where the dipstick sticks tends to be cooler or warmer than that found at the pump inlet.

Reply to
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliot

Is it a redneck expression ?

Randy

RSMEINER

I doubt it. I've never used it. ;-)

Reply to
Shaggie

On 05 May 2004 23:49:17 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comcrap (RSMEINER) ran around screaming and yelling:

actually believe it or not i picked it up from a Yankee........after hearing him scream it enough then hearing it several times on "Outside Providence"(the movie) i kinda took to it...haha... JT

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Told'ya I never used that expression! :-P

Reply to
Shaggie

I'm gonna make a wag here. I think Assbag is the bag they carry it home in after your ass has been handed to you in a contest.................. Or maybe a colostomybag.................

Who really cares though.................

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

..................Maybe it's a speech impediment version of gas bag.

:-)

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Reply to