Passing Emissions

I've heard old timers always say to change the oil before. I've also heard that air filters are removed to help pass.

Can anyone tell me if it makes a difference and why?

Reply to
Mel P.

I heard it was because unburned fuel can contaminate the engine oil, and with worn valve guides and rings the contaminated oil can be drawn into the crankcase, raising the emission levels.

If you have to remove the air filter to pass I think you probably need a new air filter. A clogged air filter would do the same thing as a choke that didn't open properly.

Chris

Reply to
halatos