Perfect aircooled weather?

Today was the first day in my area that really felt like spring was well in motion and summer is looming over the horizon.

74F, clear skies, 50% humidity, light breeze. Won't be long before it's so damn muggy I'll be praying for winter again.

But anyways, I noticed this morning on the way in to work my 66 felt like it was running unusually well. It seemed like it couldn't wait for me to push it into 4th and open it up all the way. Rounding corners it picked back up with unusual "pep". I went out for lunch and picked on a couple twisty roads and it felt the same, like the car wanted to be driven.

I haven't decided if it was such a damn nice day that it made driving that much more fun, or if it had a real effect on the car.

Does there exist a weather-based "sweet spot" that acvw's perform their absolute best within?

I know I'm taking the long route home tonight, whatever the cause is.

Reply to
Seth Graham

Generally the colder the better, up to a point. The cold air is more dense, allowing more to enter the piston chamber.

I got to thinking it might be the regular gas might be back in the tanks at the local stations; in California at least we get reformulated gas to lower smog, on a seasonal basis.

The down side is lower performance and lower millage figures.

How might this fit into your experience?

TBerk

I've tot the same experience, a nice not-to-hot summer day is the best. It feels like the engine is running much better (it sounds like it's having fun...) .

Greet>Today was the first day in my area that really felt like

Reply to
Gerrelt

Its Because you have the windows open & you're grinning.

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Yeah, mine hates the cold...like it's owner!

--Steve

Reply to
tunafish

All I've noticed with gas lately is that it climbed in price another thirty cents. :p A few local stations have jerry-rigged digits made out of carboard because they ran out of 2's to indicate the price.

Getting an old diesel-drinking rabbit seems to become a better idea every day.

Reply to
Seth Graham