Ping Ben Boyle

here is a dandy little car for you Ben....very cool...

------------------- Chris Perdue

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Now that is a rare car!!

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

Reply to
Ben Boyle

but the "wow" factor is unreal...

------------------- Chris Perdue

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!

Reply to
Chris Perdue

I know! I'd love to see one someday but since their numbers are in the double digits and most are in Europe, I'll probably never see one.

Reply to
Ben Boyle

no *more* so than usual...just since you are a Citroen "lover" i thought you might enjoy some of the things i sometimes find...

------------------- Chris Perdue

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Reply to
Ben Boyle

well i posted here so others could enjoy also...or i would have sent you a private email....i kinda figured a citroen fellow would watch that section reguarly, but didn't want to take a chance that that vehicle was the *one* for you and you didn't know about it...

------------------- Chris Perdue

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY. GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL LAUGHING AT YOURSELF IS THERAPEUTIC!

Reply to
Chris Perdue

Reply to
Ben Boyle

I disagree. A 2 CV is very clearly less sophisticated than a Beetle, less refined in design and quality of build. It is also quite more effective -- able to achieve more with less.

I see the DKW 3=6, Fiat 500 (and especially its Steyr-Puch derivatives with their boxer engines), and Renault 4 CV as rather closer to the Beetle in look and feel.

But that's not to say that the 2 CV isn't an extraordinarily lovable little car. It is -- and I'd *love* to have one.

Airhowlingly yours, Erik.

Reply to
Erik Meltzer

> 029&category=6183&sspagename=WDVW>>

UHHh, 12BHP? I don't know, mentioned this to a guy used to be into the Frenchies, said it was two times 9.... sounded a bit low to me, think I have a book listing them at 12, will have a look tomorrow.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I have done some stunts in a 2cv you'd not believe.....( I also wrapped one around a tree, dead on....) It is better for off roading than a beetle, by miles....

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg