Pop out window

I have a 74 sedan and I need to replaced the two little windows:

1) How do you take then out? 2) A good place to buy then. Much oblige.
Reply to
Xrayjuan

Are you talking about pop-out windows? Those are the rear quarter windows which will open in the rear for ventilation.

Or the wind wings that are in the front door?

I'm presuming it's the wind wings. Why do they need replacing? Is it the mechanism or the glass? If it's the mechanism AND glass or just the mechanism itself, you can probably find a few sets on eBay. People are always selling them after going to the one piece front windows.

Or if all you need is the glass, I have a set of glass only that I'm willing to let go for shipping only, just to get them off my shelf. (Shipping cost depends on your location)

To remove them you have to take off the inside door panels. there's a phillips screw in the door that holds the frames in place. Then peel down the front of the upper window channel felt and you'll see another phillips head screw. remove both of those and wiggle the frame out and up.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

It is the mechanism and the glass, frame corroded. Thanks for the offer and the information, I will check EBay.

Reply to
Xrayjuan

You can get them brand new as complete assemblies with all the rubbers and glass, I know of several places in the UK that do them.

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini De-Luxe 1964 Austin Mini Super De-Luxe
Howard Rose

Where? Please share! I need components for the passenger side door (non-opening) - just the vertical and rubber seals etc.

Anto.

Reply to
Antony Hutchison