Problem with JBugs/California Pacific?

Hi All, I was just wondering if any NG regulars have ever experienced customer service problems with the company California Pacific also known as JBugs in Oceanside, CA? I'm having a problem with then because I purchased a windshield for my 69 type 1 through the Internet, and it arrived with a serious but small scratches on it right in the driver's view. They shipped it very well wrapped in bubble pack through FEDEX Ground. When I opened the box and unwrapped the glass, I saw the scratches, so I called their customer service. I got a typical So. Cal response, like hey dude, wrap it back up and we'll do a FEDEX Ground Call tag for the return, and we'll see it and go from there. Ok, but that's now been over a week, so I called and asked if there was a problem. Same guy with same lax attitude says oh yea, the pick up should be like today. That was two days ago. I'm in the Phoenix area so I know it isn't a monumental task to get things moving between here and San Diego County. I think these guys are being stupid about a return for a windshield. I even took pictures immediately and emailed them to their customer service email address. I checked with the Better Business Bureau of san Diego County, and California Pacific is not a recommended business. So has anyone else had a similar experience with JBUGS/ California Pacific? Bill S in AZ

Reply to
Bill S

Bill, when you call them, ask for Gary, he is the owner. You have to realize, they hit the ground running at 8 AM or 9 AM, and the phones never, NEVER, stop ringing. I've known Gary, Sam, Cesar, and the rest of the guys for a long time, and while "doo-doo occurs" with this company, it is the exception, rather than the rule. Did you call them and ask them if they actually did receive the part back, or are you just assuming they got it, and that FedEx is infallible, and always delivers the packages entrusted to them exactly on the day and time promised? If they did get it, have you asked if they have had the time to open the package and actually look at it? They've been in business for a very long time, and have thousands of happy, satisfied customers. They wouldn't be in business that long, or have so many happy, satisfied customers, if they weren't on the "up and up"... I might humbly suggest that, before you go bashing them, you give them the benefit of the doubt, and place a few more phone calls... they have an 800 number, so you're not going to incur any long-distance charges... BTW, the kaferdave@aol is not a valid e-mail anymore, but I'm too lazy to figure out how to change it to the appropriate address.

Reply to
kaferdave

geez I remember snipped-for-privacy@aol.com from years & years ago! lol How are you doing!

You can go into your mail accounts to change your "handle". You could also probably get your old aol name back too since aol went free! ;-)

later, dave (One out of many daves) you might remember snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

snip

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Dave, I tried that, and it says that my current e-mail address is already taken. Good, Lord, can you imagine the hate mail that guy must get, with people thinking it's me? 8=) I'm still around, still trade e-mails with a few of the RAMVA regulars from time to time, but am pretty low-profile now. BTW, I'm doing fine, living 500 feet from the Pacific Ocean, in the Redwoods of NorCal. Building a Ford Model T hot rod now. Still have the Polar Silver Oval ragtop with the real Raders, 2017cc,

48IDAs, etc etc but thats about it. I found a really nice 60 Kombi in a garage not 1/4 mile from my house, looks to be rust-free, got put in the garage by the lady's son back in 1981 or so, and he said he would be back for it, but she is getting tired of waiting for him to come and claim it, and she has the signed-offf title in her posession... (26 years of free storage, and she wants it out of her garage.. I mean, how unreasonable some people can be !! lol)
Reply to
kaferdave

well what is the going rate to remove vehicles nowadays? Did she offer you some $$$ to get it out of there? ;-)

Yeah 1 time I sneezed and some>> geez I remember snipped-for-privacy@aol.com from years & years ago! lol

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to