Jbugs body seals rubber kit any good?

Just wondering if anyone has experience with these kits.

Or if you have had good luck with another vendor please let me know.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Most of JBugs stuff comes from West Coast Metric. A lot also comes from Taiwan and is pure crap, bleeds and cracks in the sun after a few months. I also buy a lot from Wolfsburg West and their stuff is good, but they also sell some Taiwanese crap, like the licence plate light gaskets. Seems like evreyone more or less carries the same product, unless they state otherwise that they manufacture it themselves like WCM or Wolfsburg does.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

I tried WCM first but their website doesn't seem to work. Must not have bothered to check that they were W3C compliant . Anyhow, I heard they had been bought out and thought that perhaps that was why their site wasn't working. I'll go see if one of my other computers still has IE on it and try that.

Yeah, I know about the crappy seals. I replaced my rear window seal a few years ago and I see that it is all cracked now. Bother. Knights Foreign Auto (local shop) had previously been reliable.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

Today I tried to install my new windshield in my '71 SB, and no go. It turns out the seal was way too thin on the inside as compared with the original. It is a WCM product from JBugs. Fortunately I live 45 min away, so I'm going tomorrow to work this out with the owner. I'll let ya know how it turns out...

Reply to
COX

Went to Jbugs today and talked with the owner. He listened patiently to my problem and figured out the problem with the windshield rubber. Turns out the "alligator" clips installed around the entire perimeter of the windshield frame needed to be removed. The original rubber was thick enough to accomodate these, but the new ones are not. By the way, he said they are made in USA. It was a long ride to Oceanside, but we enjoyed the beach afterwards!

.
Reply to
Debra Chervenka