A new People's Car

Should be interesting to at least follow development.

Speedy Jim

"I have no use for a car which has more spark plugs than a cow has teats!" Henry Ford, when advised that Chevrolet was introducing a 6-cylinder engine.

Reply to
Speedy Jim

I wager that the special interests in the USA will block its importation as they have other mini-cars.

Reply to
john

Interesting, very interesting. We already have an India built electric car up here, just came over a few months ago. Looks really different, seats three abreast, retails cheaper than any other electric car, uses lead acid batteries though.

There was a story on another reasonable car not long ago, also built in India or was it China? Cant remember the details..

J.

Reply to
Berg

Heh. I'd buy one just for the novelty. I doubt they will be able to sell them in the USA though as it's hard to imagine they could live up to safety and emissions standards. On the other hand, if they do live up to standards all the other automakers will be in deep shit.

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

The car referred to here is called the Reva in India and the G-whiz in the UK. It is a city car and would be my choice for a daily driver IF Uncle Sam would allow them to be sold and operated here. George

Reply to
George