Pull engine to fix sparkplug threads??

As soon as someone finds me a good job and all paperwork and bureucracy is taken care of.

Any day now.

lol

Jan

VWGirl wrote:

Reply to
Jan

That isn't where you were supposed to put the heli-coils!! ;-) Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

ROFL, quite the opposite but still not bad.. you did just describe MY type of gal though...

That she did ;)

I'm real sorry about that too. Oh well. Such is life.

NEEEEEEXT!

:)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Maybe she was planning to get screwed... ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

"Jan" wrote

Is that a threat?

;o)

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H.

Jan Andersson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@rocketmail.com:

Me puhumme samaa kieltä :)

My wife's take on mechanicking...

ACVW: When are you gonna get that %!$^#* tin can out of the driveway?!?

Family Jeep Cherokee: When are you gonna change the oil? Don't forget to vacuum up the dog hair!

When are we gonna trade in this POS?

Reply to
cloud8

not in the ass!

Reply to
VWGirl

putting a helicoil in without pulling the engine almost ensures that you will get metal fragments in the combustion chamber...

Reply to
VWGirl

That would only help me stay in the country. I'd still need a job. Or will you support the aircooled VW hobby of TWO people?

LOL

Jan

VWGirl wrote:

Reply to
Jan

ROFL

yea

jan

Reply to
Jan

I think I support the ACVW hobby for well more than two people... I have about $500 (a very low estimate... I have at least $150 worth sitting in the back seat of my car) worth of parts sitting in my shop right now waiting on installation... some have been sitting there for 3 years... and that's just the "new" parts... I have tons of used parts too... and a few vehicles to spare!

but you knew all this...

"VWGirl"

Reply to
VWGirl

Ya, I know.. what scares me is what we could pile up in the shed & back yard TOGETHER. Gawd. lol

Jan

Reply to
Jan

My father was working as a vw mechanic in the late 60's and once he changed a clutch in about 7 minutes or something. He didn't for some reason want to do too much overtime.

Reply to
Jouko P. Kenttä

did i tell ya about the place i was looking to buy? with the 4.3 acres???? how many VW's can ya fit on 4+ acres????

hmmmm....

BTW... #12 is sitting out in front of my apt... title should be in my hands tomorrow...

Reply to
VWGirl

I could do it in 70.... have no clue how you could do it anywhere near 7... you have to pull the engine and take off the pressure plate then install new clutch, torque the pressure plate... and reinstall the engine.. hmmm what's the record for an engine pull in a vw?

Reply to
VWGirl

I dunno. All the VWs you have abused over the years? The ones that get a valve adustment every five years? The ones you throw away when they don't start up right away?

Reply to
J Stafford

the valve adjustment thing isnt so bad... when i adjusted them they were barely out of adjustment... the car loves me, what can i say? :-D

and i have never thrown away any car... i try to save them... as much as they may not be worth it... I am still going to fix that one that got smashed 49 weeks ago...

i just havent had time to make repairs on a lot of them and am currently having difficulty with my "new" 71... after the auto to 4 spd conversion i dont have 1st or 2nd... i can get first with great difficulty, but every time i try to get second i get reverse... which is a problem i started having the day the car the tranny came out of got smashed (and it was before the accident not after). I am also having a problem with the clutch... how do i adjust it? it's been so long that i do not remember how it is supposed to be. but the pedal goes all the way to the floor... which is fine by me cause i drove my car that way for many many years (ask Funkie... I am not used to actually using the clutch) but I am hoping that by adjusting it so that I CAN actually use the clutch that it will help some of my lack of gears problems... the clutch cable barely gets to the lever thing in the back (what is that thing called?) I have to pull the lever forward to even get the wingnut to go on it (this is a major pain in the ass and it was not this way on the other car... but this is a brand new clutch cable... is it maybe too short? i had spacers on the other car to make it tight enough...)

why is reverse not locked out? how do i correct this problem... it is hard to drive and not be able to shift... and even harder to drive with only 3rd and 4th...any suggestions greatly appreciated...

BTW the engine installation kicked my ass yesterday... for some reason it did not want to go in... i think it ended up taking me over an hour... eventually i just pulled it back out and started over again... the second time it just slid right in... go figure... muffler still does not want to go on, i can get all the exhaust ports to line up correctly... i think i need a pry bar..

Reply to
VWGirl

It wasn't T-boned thank god... but the front end was smashed. We hit my front driver side to her front passenger side...

Reply to
VWGirl

only if you can replace a clutch in 7 minutes!

Reply to
VWGirl