quick question

im sure ill see a reply before i head off to work, this should be an easy one for you all

i havent done much work on carbs and i dont know them extremely well. i run dual 2 barrel dellorto's and im getting ready to go out and buy rebuild kits.

#1 do the 36, 40 and 44's use the same rebuild kit and #2 where should i look on the carb for an identifiable number/marking telling me what size they are so i can buy the proper rebuild kit if the answer to the above is no

many thanks brian

hey , also what is a good repair manual for someone new to VWs i picked up a haynes and in my humble, its junk, i grew up reading shop manuals and its hard for me to understand this thing someone said there is a book called the complete idiot guide to aircooled VWs but i cant find it on amazon.

Reply to
cvds

Utopian Drifter

idiot guide !

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

Yeah, that one's really good for anyone who has little experience with VW's and to boot it's remarkably funny.

Reply to
westfaliaguy

The best VW manuals are published by Robert Bentley. The Haynes is second best. Neither will cover dellorto carbs.

I have a couple of good used copies that I'd be willing to sell if you're interested.

-

Jim Adney