couple quick questions

ok so, im just curious as to a few easy thing to help get a little more ooomph from my motor i have a dual port 1600 and the only thing not stock on it right now is i have dual dellorto 2 barrel carbs.. and a nice empi header/muffler setup here pretty quick im going to put a MSD blaster2 coil on it to help get a hotter spark... im really new to aircooled engines. i keep hearing talk of a "power pulley" what does this do and is it worth it. also any other suggestions of things i can do. websites with info, detailed info would be nice.

i just dont wanna do something to it and endup messing up my poor lil engine, im used to V8s

Reply to
69 Buggy

Like any other car power cost money. As for the power pulley if you do a lot of city driving I woud not use it. It cuts down on cooling since it lts the fan run slower at lower rpm so it is only any good at higher speeds. There are many things that you can do to up the power but as I said it costs money. You can get the 1600 up to around 70 to 80 hp for just a little changes but from there on up you had best have big pockets. I have seen a number of vw's turning out up to 300hp + but they had thousands in the engines and were always have to tinker with them to keep them running right. A bug with 70hp is a lot of fun for running around and you don't have to take out a loan to get that much out of it and you don't have to go all over it each time that you want to go out for a short drive. Watch this news group and you will find many places that will be a great help with parts and just plan good ideas.

Reply to
Packrat46

Reply to
69 Buggy