rant about sears tires

I bought a set of Michelin tires at sears back in fall 01 and have since put a little over 1000 miles on the tires... half of which I put on this past
weeked. As I was leaving town for the weekend I noticed that the car was vibrating at speeds over 65mph... the car had been balanced and aligned during the same week these tires were installed. So, i took the car back to sears to make sure they had balanced the tires correctly (they really slack off about calibrating their tire machines). Well, turns out one of the tires had a big bulge on it and needed to be replaced... no big deal i figure, it is under warranty, it only has 1000 miles on it... Well, they warrantied the $80 tire, but charged ME for the $10.99 balancing and the $7.50 for road hazard. They said that those were only good for the lifetime of the tire so I had to pay $20.45. Okay that's fine, but my old tire had only 1000 miles on it and is warrantied for 65,000 miles... so why should I have to pay this amount? Sears said that they are not responsible for manufacturing defects... so aparently I am? Funny how if the tire had exploded or something due to the seperation that it would have been covered under road hazard and I wouldnt have had to pay for it. over the past 2 years I have purchased 14 tires from sears ALL with the road hazard warranty... and they won't cover the $20.45. what kind of customer service is that?
I really like Michelin tires, and liked the convenience of being able to go to any sears store in the country if I had problems... but if they are going to screw me on $20 I don't think I should be buying from them anymore. Where do you guys buy your tires? I really prefer Michelin tires. Do places warranty tires even if you do not buy from them?
end rant
Last year I bought sears guardsman 165 15 radials from sears on a carryout of 4 tires for $99.00. 40,000 mile warranty. At 25 bucks a tire, I will warrant myself if I have to. Dennis
href="http://community.webtv.net/weewiktype1/Dens1978Puma ">Den's 1978 Puma</a>
I could go on and on about sears products, especially their crapsman tools, water softener, lawn mower, etc. I consider myself to have been ripped off by them for the last time.
I bought a pair of tires for the front of my car once. Fine. Then a little while later I went back for another pair of tires to match the first pair. They put on 2 different sized tires. When I told them about the mistake the response was (now get this) I must have asked for 2 different sized tires! Sure, like I want 3 of one size and one of another size!
I bought a battery there once and the 'mechanic' (???) took the clamps off of the battery posts with a pair of pliers, put in the new battery, and put the clamps back on with a pair of pliers. Chewed the hell out of the nuts.
I had better stop now. I could rant for page after page.
Dan '73 SB

put
slack
tires
it
the
so
this
they
go
going
Where
who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Aw, c'mon Uncle Dan! Tell us about the Sears lawnmower fiasco again! Purty please! :-P *puppy dog eyes*
-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja... http://bugadventures.dyndns.org Hate corrodes the vessel that carries it.
You should be proud of me for not going on like I did last time Uncle Shaggie. I think I wrote at least twice as much that time didn't I? :-)
Did I ever tell you about the wood chisels?

tools,
off
little
pair.
the
tires!
off
put
nuts.
hmmmm.... do i want to know how you guys would be each others uncles???

mistake
who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Don't play like you don't know, Aunt Lauren. ;-)

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja... http://bugadventures.dyndns.org Hate corrodes the vessel that carries it.
ack! don't involve me in your twisted family!

and
ripped
clamps
and
the
We may be uncles but that doesn't mean we're each others uncles. Actually, 3 days ago (Sunday) I became a great uncle, not that I'm all that great. :-)

ripped
clamps
and
Lauren, it's a southern thing I'm sure.. then again you should know better... ;)
Jan
VWGirl wrote:

you guys are scary

Then
sized
battery,
He is his mother's best brother..........LOL.
-- Terry B AKA VDUBBS Buggin in Bama http://vdubbs64.tripod.com Email - vdubbs at highstream dot net 64 Bug Rauchen ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------

ripped
clamps
and
TerryB wrote:

Is that something like going to a family reunion to pick up girls. :o) OT but here is a link to some Redneck jokes if anyone need a laugh for the day. http://www.bitoffun.com/jokes.rednecks.htm
Bill Berckman 67 Beetle Pictures at http://community.webshots.com/album/65271125OySKDA VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show Sept 21 2003 Cincinnati OH http://www.geocities.com/billberckman/cincyshow.html

Hey, I like craftsman tools. When I get ripped off for my van toolsets (um, let's see, now... about once a decade - three times so far), the bad guys get my beat up rusty craftsman tools and I get shiny new ones without paying an arm and a leg. I ain't buyin' no snap-on's for no crooks.
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:07:10 GMT, "\(O\\|/O\)\(.\\~/.\)"
stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

You can have my Craftsman tools when you pry them from my COLD DEAD HANDS!!! /Charlton Heston

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja... http://bugadventures.dyndns.org Hate corrodes the vessel that carries it.
"travis" wrote

Don't tempt us.
:o)
-- Scott
I just want his welder! :-)

NO! I want that!

I should have qualified that statement. I have lots of Craftsman hand tools that I like but the crapsman power tools are terrible, IMHO. But for the price of their hand tools, I'm definitely paying for any replacements I ever get.
Ummm, Snap-On! (said in a Homer Simpson voice, as in Ummm, doughnuts!) I wish I could afford them.
I'll stop with the sears rant now so Uncle Shaggie doesn't scold me again. :-)

A real bummer when your nuts get chewed! ;)
--
KWW
'63 Beetle (Jenny the IOC)