Re: Window Trim Help Needed

> Now Dad gets to figure out how to put it all together. > > Please bring on the tricks of doing this, I could use some suggestions. > >

.............John Henry's '57 resto section goes over this pretty well.

Tim Rogers

Thanks Tim, While John's page didn't have any specific info addressing my problem, his page was a great read on what not to do. The minor amount of time that he spent addressing inserting the trim into the rubber lead me to believe that if JH didn't write a tome on it, then I must be missing something.

I went back this morning and with Theresa's help in holding the window steady, I started working on it.

Within a few minutes, I found the trick and had the rear and front done in about 15 minutes. Darn sight better than the 2 hrs I spent last night.

The trick I found was to set the edge of the trim up against the groove The looking from the outside edge of the rubber in, you should be looking at the cupped trim up against the rubber. With that view, squeeze the outside edge of the rubber to open the groove and in the trim will pop.

Its amazing the difference when you do it right, and I'm sure JH will attest to that.

Having done it and having the "trick", I'm real glad I didn't just throw in the towel and tell her, its Cal Look for your bug. Of course that would have been entirely contrary to my nature, and hopefully there won't be a first time (for throwning in the towel)

Scott '60 DC

Reply to
Scott Fraser