Ready to quit payments

And don't let your parents find out. ;)

My high school had a huge 5 acre parking lot, no concrete bumps and no lights except around the perimeter. Buddy and I spent many, many snowy nights exploring how precisely an out of control car handles. He had a front wheel drive minivan and I had a four wheel drive, so we got to investigate the options quite thoroughly.

Can say quite positively that such foolery saved my life at least twice.

I absolutely love driving in deep snow, 2+ feet of unplowed powder, snow cresting over the hood, punching the gas as you round a corner.. Shaggie's baja adventures ain't got nothing on that. ;)

Reply to
Seth Graham

Get a second set of wheels and mount up some studded snow tires.

Of course that doesn't help the SUV behind you who can't stop.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

I was rear ended in my 67 westy a short while ago, it was a nice warm day. I think I'm going to find a super to drive this winter.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

.............One of your angry customers?

.......Sounds like it's a really bad time to show up at your shop with a super.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Reply to
ilambert

Actually the beetle smell that comes out of the heating system gets you high!

Reply to
camus

Hmmm...I'm thinking about it. Too far away though. ($)

Jeremy, your idea about dumping the truck and making an acvw your daily driver is an admirable one. However, unless you have a place to work on one, the time, and the tools, you may end up wishing you hadn't done it. If you buy one that has been completely restored and perhaps would not need as much maintenance for a while you might get away with it. If this were the late 1970's it would be a great idea. (been there, done that... :o) ) If you go for it you'll find lotsa help here when you need it.

Reply to
Mike64Bug

well, since my beetle has no fweem (non-stock pea shooters), I gotta get my fahrfegnugen however I can.

Reply to
Seth Graham