Rear diagonal arm -- fasterner question

I think that, if both are located out side it doesn't matter the order they are putted. Did you remove the diagonal arm completely to install the bushing? I don't what to disconnect the brakes.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

I didn't pull the arm all the way off, my brake hose was just barely long enough to swing the inboard end down to change the bushings.

Chris

Reply to
Hal

Thanks for the info.

Joao

Joao Eliseu

After reading a lot on this issue I do believe that you are right. Looking to the pictures of the exploded views (single and double spring plate) it makes sense. When VW change from double spring plate to single spring plate they had to move the inner washer outside to move diagonal arm in a bit Thanks for your information on this.

Joao

Joao Eliseu