rear spring plates

I have some adjustable spring plates from a bug with short torsion bars I would like to use on a bug with long torsion bars. Can I just use the short torsion bars from a earlier year bug so my adjustable spring plates will work. bug with long torsion bars is a 74 beetle, I am not sure what year the short bars or spring plates are from as I have had them a long time. any info. snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

Reply to
Rick Myers