received new long block

I received my new Mexican long block last week I know that I have to adjust the valves and also install the distributor drive pinion (gear) is there any thing else that I should do before assembling it the rest of the way? Thanks, David

Reply to
David

Ben Boyle

I got it from

paid $1452.17 shipped toDelaware, it took about 8 weeks to getDavid

Reply to
David

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Oil? :) Seriously, I have no idea how they prelube those engines, so before you fire it up, you might disconnect the coil wire and turn it over for a minute past the time the oil light goes off. Then connect, fire it up and be happy.

Reply to
jjs

They are one disorganized outfit. Both times i ordered stuff from them they screwed the order up and they take forever. I suspect that they don't keep anythingin stock and wait for orders to come in, drive acriss the border and then purchase whatever has been ordered then ship it out. As for the engine, yeah, just check the valves and add the diz gear and it is ready to go.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Reply to