REPEAT: '79 Bus For Sale

I have for sale a 1979 VW Bus. It has the 2.0l engine, and an auxiliary gas heater (Aux heater was not working last I tried it, did not troubleshoot).

The bus is in mid/late-rustoration. I've already sandblasted and otherwise cleaned most of the bottom of the vehicle and repainted with primer under the supervision of the Auto Body instructor at the local Technical College. I've also replaced a few panels low down, also under supervision. There are a couple more panels to be replaced, and finishing work done, by whoever purchases the vehicle. The window of the sliding door is broken and needs to be replaced. All parts I have on-hand will go with the vehicle. This includes a seal for the windshield, a rocker panel and many other miscellaneous parts.

The engine needs some work, having sat almost entirely idle for over three years. I know it had low compression in #3, and on the last few occasions I ran it, the valves were clattering, so I assume a valve job would be in order.

I no longer have the time or desire to finish the project, and need the space it's taking up in my garage. I am accepting the BEST OFFER, you come and pick it up. *** This VW must go before the snow flies, or it'll go to the boneyard! Someone please rescue it! ***

I'm located in St. Cloud, MN, and you can reach me via e-mail (remove NOSPAM above) for more information.

Reply to
Daniel Dillman