SB Steering wheel removal??

Hi guys- I need to remove the stock steering wheel from my wife's 79 Super Beetle in order to install an after market one (its a Mother's Day present). I've searched around looking for information regarding the removal of the stock one but have come up empty handed. Additionally I don't want to damage the stock one by just simply prying into it. Does anybody know the correct way for removing the horn pad on a late model Super Beetle in order to access the bolt?

Thanks in advance- GaryT

Reply to
GaryT

...good news....it just pulls off. bad news.... 50-50 chance the little plastic clips will break. There are four of them at the corners...pull carefully and cross fingers. ;-)

...Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

................More bad news, new replacements are NLA.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I should have expected that old Ying and Yang thing again....or in this case, Ying and Yank.

Thanks for the good info. I'll try to be careful as I'm hoping to keep all of the stock parts in case we ever decide to put it all back one day.

GaryT

Reply to
GaryT

Hopefully that *won't* be an issue. < with additional preassure to be careful!!> Thanks for the heads up though.

GaryT

Reply to
GaryT