Seat spring repair advice

Merry Christmas to all that celebrate it! Tis' the season (for me at least) to tackle making my 75 SB seat more comfortable in '04.

I've taken off the front drivers seat covers and noticed that some of the springs are broken (spiral rods/springs are severed). Advice for:

- Any way of re-attaching the two rods (coat hanger thick) together? Or, can you get new springs somewhere quick?

- Noticed the sag in the springs. Any advice as to how to make the seat firmer when you sit on it? I was thinking of jamming some material between each spiral of the spring??

- I have a 4-inch split in the seat vinyl. How best to fix? Glue on backside?

Tom

Reply to
Bugzai

Some high-end Porsche restorers stuff the springs with plastic foam.

Reply to
Viking

Reply to
Ben Boyle

I bought some thin stainless steel tubing and cut off a piece about

2" long, then inserted both ends of the broken spring into it and crimped it to hold it all together. It's worked okay so far.

The crappy aftermarket foam seat pad kits work pretty well at bulking things up (for a couple of years).

Try multiple layers of duct tape on the back side.

Reply to
Charlie Wilson