Shifting from 3rd. down to 2nd.

Hi everyone , Yet another question in regards to my new/old 73 super vert. I can't seem to get the thing to shift from 3rd. down to 2nd. All other grear changes are good. Any ideas? Thanks everyone here for your great help & advice!

Reply to
gevans

Do a GOOGLE for: How to "Double Clutch".

If that works it may save tearing into the tranny.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Reply to
Ben Boyle

A temp fix, holding your clutch in move out of 3rd and HALF way only into

1st then into second. Worked for me once.

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Ever driven in say traffic and slowed to about 20mph, then need to pick up the pace. To fast for first & to slow for third. I can't get second unless im coming up from 1st.

Reply to
gevans

Are you running synthetic gear oil? If not give that a try and see if the transmission shifts better -- after giving it a week or so to break in.

Reply to
luftgekuhlten