Did you notice ?

Since gasoline prices have sky rocketed the number of ACVWs that are on the road now? Maybe it's just me but everyday I see more VWs out and about that aren't local club members. They must have been garaged are hidden in a barn or something. Oh well .just wondering if anyone else had seen more VWs running around in your part of the country. :)

Be Cool.....AIRCOOLED !!

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, Florida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

Rare Air VW Club Website:

Wild Bill Tucker

Ben Boyle

I havent really noticed an increase in them much, but have gotten a few comments about how I am lucky to be driving a car that gets such good mileage. I read an article a few weeks or so ago that said that gas would have to stay at around $5.00 per gallon for a year to finally persuade Yuppie America to trade in the Suburban for something more fuel efficient.

Reply to
Bill Berckman

........Even then, a lot of them would be storming the boardroom of Exxon/Mobil's headquarters with torches and pitchforks. If you point out to these brainiacs that the USA has only 5% of the world's population but is consuming 25% of the world's fossil fuels, they look at you like you're insane.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

"Tim Rogers" wrote

Nah. A REAL YUPPIE would own stock in Exon. Exxon. Whatever.

Reply to
Lorem Ipsum

Its hard to say whats going on around here I'm still getting a new customer about everyday. But it does seem I have more people stopping in looking for bugs or for the most part everyone seems to want ghias.

Reply to
Kafertoys

I haven't really noticed that... What I notice around Seattle area is when we get snow, the bugs and buses come out from everywhere! It's like the old days - they are simply all over the place. Snow goes away, so do the ACVW's! Next snow, they're baaaacckk! I can't see anybody wanting to buy a bug for gas mileage! Or a bus-

19-21mpg isn't good, but then I don't think I got over 12 with the old Suburban!-BaH
Reply to
Busahaulic