Solex H30/PICT31

where can i find a diagram of where everything hooks up to this carb? on mine there are 3 plugged tubes from the previous ower of my bug, cant find out where to plug in my 009 vacuum advance hose.

Reply to
Exille

...ehh???

..>Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian
009 is a centrifugal advance only. No vacuum.

If your is a single vacuum distributor, the vacuum hose goes to the port on the left side of the carb. The three plugged ports on the rear should remain plugged, unless there are other devices such as emission control, in the system.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

If there's a vacume canister on your distributor, it isn't an 009.

Here's my DVDA (dual vacume dual advance) distributor with the vacume line clearly visible:

http://63.230.74.177/baja/MVC-023F.JPG If you only have a single line coming from your vacume canister, it goes to the side of a 34pict3 carb.

I have assumed you have a 34-pict3 carb...

Good information to be found at

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

... and also

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Reply to
Ilambert

Hmmm, im pretty sure i typed it nice and clearly...the can on the side of the distributer with the port that goes to the side of the carb, ive already figured out which capped tube it goes to.

Reply to
Exille

Could be a 009... I once attached a vacume canister to a 009 to get past the smog NAZI's in Sacramento. Look inside to see if there is a linkage comming out of the canister and attaching to the plate the points sit on. If the inside of the distrubitor has no linkage to the canister, then it's a dead canister bolted onto a 009.

Reply to
Michael Kelly

yea, it has the linkage and everything, i had to put one on to get past the smog nazi's in placerville (25 miles east of sac)

Reply to
Exille

Hey, I'm now in Placerville. In the Luneman area. What part are you in?

For those that don't know, pretty much everything between Sac, and Tahoe is Placerville.

Reply to
Michael Kelly

Never heard of Luneman, im near Coloma maybe 5 miles from it, i live on Cold Springs

Reply to
Exille

Lets take this to private email, we live about five miles apart.

Reply to
Michael Kelly