Solex question

Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone knows at roughly what RPM the main jet kicks in on a standard 34 pic3 carb?

TIA

--Steve

-------------------------- Aircooled flat 4 club South West UK

Reply to
tunafish

Just off idle I guess Steve.

Reply to
tunafish

There's not enough airflow just off idle to suck fuel from the main jet circuit, idle jet circuit is what you do most of your driving on. Main jet "pretty much" takes over after about 2500-3000 rpms. It starts to "bleed" before that however. I would call the 3000rpm mark where the main jet "kicks in", if you had to name one. That's a very rough guess, and more general rule of thumb for all carburatted gasoline engines built for the street. The idle jet circuit never dies off completely, there's always flow through it. Significant percentage of the fuel comes from the idle jet when cruising at steady speeds and small throttle openings.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson