Someone is restoring my 67 Frannie!!!! Link to pics

OMG!!

I was just contacted by a guy in Finland, someone told him I once owned his newly bought 67 beetle... true enough! He wanted engine specs. My Frannie is alive! And WELL! Being restored right now!! Sadly, he painted it with a different color, but still.. the old girl is getting a new life :)

Looks like it's been passed around a few times and some rust spots had emerged. Only minor changes from when I had it, and the engine I built for it is apparently still rockin :) Just a little 1600 with a mild cam, and two single 40mm carbs.

I want to buy it back when it's done, LOL.

Here are the pics:

I'm sad and happy at the same time. I miss that damn car.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Good to hear Jan, I know it's hard to see yoyr own stuff go down the road, Been there Done that.

Reply to
Jim N

Do you recognize anything , or has it been gone over too much?

Reply to
DogDiesel

He replaced the one-year-only decklid with an older one, for some reason. I told him to put the original lid back on, it's one of those things that make a 67 a 67.... (euro). It's a difficult car to restore if it's not all there, one year only parts and a cut-off year for body and electrical system... mine was all there except the 4-lug disc brake conversion and wheels. Oh I also converted it to 12V

Reply to
Jan Andersson

On 3/2/2012 7:25 AM, Jan Andersson wrote: Jan, just let go. Releasing the hold that the VW you used to own has on your mind will free you and lighten your journey. Peace, my brother.

Randall

LOL :)

this particular VW will forever be a part of me, and there's nothing I can do about it, -or want to. Sweet memories are worth hanging on to. As for my mind: if that's where it is, it would be nice if it was released and found it's way back to me, I haven't seen it in years. ;)

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hehe :) Good one.

Diesel.