Still possible to rent VW in Mexico/Cancun?

Hey everyone, does anyone know of a car rental place in cancun (and preferably near the airport) that would still rent the original beetle? I'm going next week and would love to cruise around in one since my 64 resto is still in pieces! Thanks for any help.

Keith

Reply to
Keith

Not sure about Cancun, but I recently returned from Puerto Vallarta and all of the rentals I saw were mostly Nissans, with other Japanese/ Korean makes, but I didn't see any Beetles. Maybe some of the smaller, local companies might have one.

Reply to
Bill

Yeah, no luck in Cancun. They had one at the budget car rental that I went through, but they said it was too old to rent out anymore. I did find a place in Cozumel that seems to still rent them though

Oh well, I ended up in a VWGolf anyway and that was still fun :)

Reply to
Keith