Stock case cylinder barrel opening size

Hello!

------

What is the stock size for the opening for cylinder barrel in the case? I have a case which has 89,5 mm diameter "holes" in it. Looking to build a 1600 cc out of it. Will it need machining on that part or are they already too large for stock size?=20

Reply to
Olli Lammi

Ok. Answering to myself. Did some fearless googleing.

That is apparently the stock size for 1300/1500/1600 engines.=20 No site or literature I found lists the required diameter=20 of the cylinder hole in the case. Just the cylinder bores. But the 1300/1500/1600 are said to have the same cylinder hole diameter. The first piston size that needs the hole to be=20 widened is 88 mm. No way those would fit my 89,5 mm holes (would mean cylinder wall thickness of 0,75 mm). So that tells me those holes are not bored and they are stock and I should be able to put stock 1600 85,5 mm barrels in there.

Roight?

Reply to
Olli Lammi