stock ride height

I was wondering what was the front stock ride height on a '72 std beetle. Mine has 4 inches between the front fender border and tire... too much for a stock?

Thanks,

Damjan

Reply to
Damjan Mozetič

Lucky you! I just measured my pristine '72 Standard and it is exactly 4". I've gone through the front end and it's 100% good now, so you seem to be good to go. Yes, it looks a little high compared to some Bugs, but they may have sagging torsion bars.

Reply to
jjs

Would also depend on size (aspect ratio 70/75/80) ?) of tire. Do you have an adjustable beam? If not I know of no way to raise it so its probably right.

Reply to
Wolfgang

I have a '70 Panel Bus, and compared to every other bus mine rides quite a bit higher. I do have bigger tires on it (BFGoodrich All-Terrain Baja Champion 27X8.5 14R). This high clearance is great for driving on bad dirt roads in BAJA or the mountains. Just wondering what can the difference be, tires yes but not that much, about 16" behind front wheel measured to the bottom of the cargobay and 16.5" infornt of the rear wheel. Other buses I measured were about 12" The bus handles awesome in curves and on bumpy roads. Thanks

Reply to
Busdriver