T1.8 Timing belt

I'm taking a 2000 1.8L Turbo Beetle in for the 70,000 mile check up soon. Should I preemptively change the timing belt or wait until I hit

100,000? How much should changing the belt add to the cost of the check up? For that matter, how much should a check up cost?

Thanks.

Reply to
A New Beetle Driver

Perhaps you would get better advice from the group that concentrates to the watercooled cars (such as yours).

We are aircooled, Older VW enthusiasts. As such, we by default "don't know" the answer to your question. (It doesn't belong here, you are in the wrong group)

the watercooled side of the VW newsgroups is at rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled Hope this helps you find your answers.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson